Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blind Melon - No Rain

This song has been always one of my favourites, year 93 is when I started getting obsessed with music, and I have to tell you , years 93- 94 had SO MANY amazing songs and this is one of them.

Now, why are all talented artists troubled either they OD or kill themselves or something.

Do you need to have a tortured soul to produce good music?

Blind Melon - No Rain





Blind Melon - No Rain

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the puddles gather rain

And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
and speak my point of view
But it's not sane, It's not sane

I just want someone to say to me oh, oh, oh, oh
I'll always be there when you wake yea, yea
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today, hey
So stay with me and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
escape......escape......escape......

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
ya don't like my point of view
ya think I'm insane
Its not sane......it's not sane.

I just want someone to say to me oh, oh, oh, oh
I'll always be there when you wake yea, yea
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today, hey
So stay with me and I'll have it made

(I'll have it made
I'll have it made
You know we're really gonna, really gonna have it made
Gonna have it made
ahhh,ahhh, ahhh, ahhh)

7 comments:

Isam said...

wow this song is really good ... i never heard if before ... am gonna check more about Blind Melon for sure ...

I have a theory about creative people ... they are troubled because they see the ugly face of life without make-up ... and thats why they get fed up of life very soon ...

and MDIM ... welcome back from the dead :)

No_Angel said...

hehe he's from what i consider as my second home town :P
and i can totally understand why he would grow up to be suicidal, but then again i love that song

7aki Fadi said...

Isam: This song is soooo good, I am glad that now you know it exists :) .
MDIM just was in a coma that's all ;) .

Bambam: It's such a shame though , this band was cool.

asoom said...

the early 90s were definately a gerat time in music, although I was really young then I later on became obsessed with nirvana and the like, I have all these videos and documentaries and books and tributes that I've collected over the years.

This is my favorite Blind Melon song, but I find it rather sad and painful to listen to especially because we knew later that it was like a cry for a help.

I should totally start such a blog, or be a part of something like this, I'm such a music freak!

7aki Fadi said...

Asoom: You are more than welcome to join! It will be fun. I'll email you right now.

That Guy said...

wow...this is one of the defining songs of my youth...brilliant choice!

7aki Fadi said...

I really love love love this song, I never get tired of listening to it.