Friday, November 16, 2007

Grey's Anatomy Song: Damien Rice- Nine Crimes

This song is most commonly known as that awesome song that played on Grey's Anatomy during the emotional scene where Dr.Yang is standing side by side with her boyfriend Dr. Burk in the OR and is secretly performing the surgery in place of him since his hands are injured. Damien Rice likes to leave his songs open to interpretation but to me this song is about someone who has cheated on their significant other and is coming in terms with the guilt and sorry. This is the version sung with Lisa Hannigan who has a beautiful voice.

Warning: tears maybe induced




Damien Rice Lyrics

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that Lisa Hannigan is entrancing. It was all going well until Damien Rice started singing. :)

asoom said...

OH my god we had the opposite reactions LOL,

Not exactly the opposite I do agree that Lisa's amazing but to me the song gets better when damien jumps in, he adds more emoton and rawness when he's saying the words

Hani Obaid said...

I'm with Dave, it sounds like Damien is doing Kareoke.

7aki Fadi said...

OMG Dave I was thinking hte exact same thing..I felt Damian Rice was too much drama.

No_Angel said...

ohhhhhhh i like this song :P
both of them are good but come to think of it i prefer her voice over his no wonder i can't listen to songs where he is singing alone w/o her...

Who-sane! said...

His deep husky voice and her high-pitched voice make an excellent duet.

I loved the song! Thanks asoom! :-D

asoom said...

hani, LOL, how so?

7aki, I guess I'm in the minority LOL

no_angel, ok it looks like I'm outnumbered here LOL

Who-sane, I never thought of damien as having a deep husky voice LOL but I'm glad you liked and I agree they are great together

Hani Obaid said...

well I meant Kareoke as in he didn't sound like a professional singer, just some guy saying the words. Having said that I enjoyed his playing.

Anonymous said...

oh don't get me wrong damien rice is a band of him and lisa so i just said i like the music when they used to make it together rather than what he made after the breakup