As the cold, winter season in Jordan approaches and the days become more dreary, I find myself lapsing into "moodier" tunes, songs that might be apropos coming out of the speakers at Starbucks. Perhaps such songs appeal to my desire to be sitting in a snug corner of some quaint coffee house, sipping a hot drink and reading a good book on a cold, rainy day. Who knows.
But for those of you feel the need to get in touch with your "moodier" side as the clouds roll in, here are some of my favorites:
- James Blunt's All the Lost Souls album
- John Mayer's Continuum album
- A few delicious songs from KT Tunstall's album, Eye to the Telescope (namely "Other Side of the World", "Under the Weather", "Universe & U" and "Stoppin' the Love")
- Any song by Nora Jones (including one sung with Ray Charles entitled "Here We Go Again" from the Genius Loves Company album)
- "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak
- "Hearbeats" by Jose Gonzalez
- "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
- "Sparks" by Coldplay
I hope this gets you started. Please feel free to share your own personal recommendations as I'm still building my "Coffee House Tunes" playlist to last me throughout the winter.