Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Next Stop-Vegas Please"-Sara Bareilles

I've blogged about this artist previously on my blog and I was a fan of hers before her name was really known. The first time I heard her name mentioned on the radio I had already had half of her songs memorized on her debut album titled "little voices" which was number 1 on itunes recently. I've classified her as the feminine younger version of tracy chapman or the optimistic version of fiona apple. She sings her own words and plays her own instruments (some of them), I'm talking about Sara Bareilles (pronounced Burellis)! This is my favorite song of hers titled Vegas which is (I think) inspired by an old bad relationship of hers. Enjoy my debut post (and be nice to me)!

5 comments:

7aki Fadi said...

Very nice. She's Jazzy sounding too.

asoom said...

thanks! she does does have some jazz influence in her indeed!

Anonymous said...

it's little voice not little voices.

Anonymous said...

I must say I had to listen closely to catch her last name so I could google her. Great to hear such a classy new voice.

Anonymous said...

P.S.....she was on David Letterman tonight....5/20/08