Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Flamboyant crooner Mika (pronounced Mee-ka) pranced onto the music scene last year with his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion and a number one single "Grace Kelly". His kaleidoscopic music has been compared with artists such as Freddy Mercury (of Queen fame), Elton John, Sister Scissors and David Bowie.

For some, Mika's magpie sound and tight jeans may be an acquired taste. Others may instantly be drawn to his campy, over-the-top melodies.

One of the "bouncier" songs off of Mika's debut album, "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)", is a kickback to Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls". The video was shot candid and low budget and features curvaceous women running down Croydon High Street and Surrey Street Market in Croydon, Surrey, England.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he has a similar voice to Justin Hawkins from the Darkness. Plus they both also take the piss with their music

7aki Fadi said...

I like him and the song. I wonder why I've never heard of him.

Thanks for the share.

Life said...

I only know "Grace kelly" its my number one gym song..
But this one is really good too..
how simple and nice the clip is!

asoom said...

Ok I gave this song a chance, not really feelin it although I do like the video